Tuesday, April 23, 2013

Congrats! You Are Really Going Places Card


Since I’ve been listening to a lot of radio shows lately, (for a class I’m in) I’ve been doing more and more coloring, which is where this card came in! (Although don’t necessarily expect a lot more coloring to show up here—I reject a lot of what I color if it’s not quite right!)





I colored the bus first, using Martha Stewart’s Art & Craft Markers. I love this set, but unfortunately, it does not have a lot of very light colors. That color on the roof is one of the lightest! So I used my watercolor brush to tint the windows a bit darker than the paper without competing with the dark brown color.



Once I had finished all of the coloring, (I spent a long time getting some cool shading going with the markers, a lá Copic Markers), I accidentally swiped across the largest van door with the watercolor brush, which softened the whole thing, so I went back, and brushed water over the whole thing. So now it looks a bit splotchy. Oh well!



I hand-lettered the “Congrats!” part of the card, but then I thought it would be super fun to do a little smaller greeting with my typewriter. Unfortunately I miscalculated a little, and had to use three lines to keep the whole thing centered, which put my text right along the bottom edge. I tried to cover it up a bit by accenting the top and sides of the panel with a little gray ink (Colorbox Chalk Ink in Charcoal) and brown ink (Distress Ink in Tea Dye.)

Otherwise, though, I like this card a lot. It makes me laugh, which, I think is the most important thing!

Tools
Typewriter

No comments:

Post a Comment