Friday, April 12, 2013

Mistletoe Card

Hey everyone! Today I’m sharing a non-seasonal card. I thought about saving it until a more appropriate time, like July or something ,(what, you don’t celebrate Christmas in July?) but then I thought , hey, I’ve got it, I might as well show you!

This card started out because I was inspired by the tiny branch stamp in the Hero Arts Sentiment stampset. It’s tiny and funky, and I wasn’t really sure what to do with it, so I did some practices stamping to create twiggy wreaths and bushes. Then I realized I could pretend that the little sprig of branches was mistletoe!



So I quickly stamped out the tiny bush, colored the berries red with a Martha Stewart Art and Craft Marker, and clear embossed the berries by using my Zip embossing pen to go over the red berries.

I thought it needed a bow, so I stamped one from the Martha Stewart Peg Stamping starter kit on red paper. I gave it some dimension by inking it in Versamark, and then inking the edges only with Versafine Onynx Black. I cut everything out, and adhered the two pieces together with Scotch foam poster tape (same as stuff like pop-dots, but cheaper!) I then set it aside for a  few days—I wasn’t really planning on doing much with it.




 But then a few days later, I came up with the most hilarious line to go with it, so of course, I had  to make this!


Supplies

Recollections Value Pack Cardstock in Kraft
Colorbök Textured Cardstock in Cool Earthtones
Colorbök Textured Cardstock in Cool Earthtones
Martha Stewart Peg Stamping Starter Kit (bow stamp)
Hero Arts Sentiment Stamps
Versafine Ink in Onynx Black
Versamark Stamp Pad
Black Pen
T-Square Ruler
Poster Tape
Cutter Bee Scissors
Clear Embossing Powder
Heat Gun
Bone Folder
Martha Stewart Art and Craft Markers
ZIG Embossing Pen
Tombow Mono Adhesive

1 comment:

  1. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete