Wednesday, March 27, 2013

I'm like a Zombie Card

So I made this card a little while ago, mostly because I thought it was hilarious! I love the idea of zombies being romantic. Plus, when I made it, I had just seen that new Zombie/RomCom movie, Warm Bodies. Granted, it's not the greatest movie ever, or greatest Zombie Rom/Com even (my vote goes to Zombieland). Anyway, I spent a few days on this card: All images started out as sketches in pencil on notebook paper, and got transferred to cardstock, inked and colored by hand.

So no stamps--it's all me, today!


I did all the inking with a ink pen from my Grandpa's Realty business, and all coloring with my Inkssentials Ink Blending Tool. The Zombie hand uses purple (Colorbox Chalk Ink in Wisteria), Green (Martha Stewart Crafts Ink in Palm--it's from an ink pad set of 6 that isn't made anymore) and brown (Distress Ink in Tea Dye).


Then I cut everything out by hand.



I also did the lettering myself, by hand. Nice, huh?


The brain uses red ink (some cheapo inkpad I got forever ago that has no brand name on it) and purple ink (Colorbox Chalk Ink in Wisteria) in addition to the generic black pen.

Here you can see the whole layout of the card: it's a double fold, tri-panel card, and I think it's totally worth the effort!

A close-up of my hand-lettering.
I'm obviously still massively obsessed with handwriting, since I saw Kristina Werner post about it  for Valentine's Day.

Here's the sketch for this card:
I spent quite a bit of time trying to sketch a few different versions of my hand!
Supply List

Colorbox Chalk Ink in Wisteria
Mysterious Generic Red Pigment Ink Pad
Martha Stewart Pigment Ink in Palm (no longer made)
Distress Ink in Tea Dye
black ink pen
8.5"x11" Recollections Value Pack Cardstock Paper in Kraft (basically this)
8.5"x11" Recollections Value Pack Cardstock Paper in Neutral

No comments:

Post a Comment