Tuesday, April 2, 2013

Triangle "Thanks" Card

Hey, everyone! 

Today I'm bringing you the triangles en masse!

Sometimes, fads come and go fairly quickly, but they’re really fun to play with. If you want to keep your budget low, and your stash small, duplicate these patterns by using what you do have a lot of: paper. And your favorite stamps can even create patterns for you.

So this week, I'm doing triangles, a trend I'm seeing quite often!


I’ve been living with less and less pattern paper, the more years I live at college, and that’s never stopped awesome cards. But I still want to play with today’s trends. This card was inspired partially by bold prints in clothes like this, but also there's a triangle die-cut that was released  recently by Simon Says Stamp that I saw all over Wednesday's blog hop that I have been dying to copy. Hence this card!



I originally had glued all of these triangles to my card base and stamped a tiny "thank you" next to it, but then the stamp didn't transfer, I tried to stamp twice, and was off, and was forced to rethink the whole thing. But I like the circles, I think it made the whole thing a little cooler, a little more off-kilter. In my next post, I'll share a card that was inspired by the salvaged remains of the card, even though I ended up actually not using any of the rest of the card!

Supplies:
Recollections Value Pack Cardstock Neutrals (Cream and Gray)
Colorbök Cool Earth Toness & Warm EarthTones (Orange and Green Shapes)
Cutter Bee Scissors
Black Pen
Martha Stewart Simple Circle Cutter
American Crafts Thanks 
Colorbox Fluid Chalk Ink in Charcoal
Tombow Mono Adhesive Dispenser
Bone folder

No comments:

Post a Comment